Monday, May 2, 2011

I waited 22 months for this!!!!

For those of you on this same journey, you understand the hidden emotions of delay. Sure, we can be strong at times and even speak boldly that our precious ones will reach these landmarks in their own time. But if we were to be honest, there are things that we long for and hope for to ensure to us that our child is indeed progressing. And so I waited...and waited...and waited...I watched her progress slowly in different areas, but I still never heard the spoken word. Oh yes, she definately has a vibrant sign vocabulary now at 20 words and I know what she wants and I know she knows who we are. So after 22 months of waiting the only word she could audibly say was "ya" for yes. Occasionally she blurts out "at" for cat. But this time was different.
During her therapy session she was walking about the house showing her therapist how she has been able to walk the length of the house. Ms. Faith then said, "Where's Lylah? Does Lylah want to come to mamma?" As clear as lightning in a storm, Lylah respond with a resounding "mamma, mamma, mamma, mamma"...all the way to my arms! Oh how much can a heart melt? Oh how tight can arms hug? It was truly the most deepest of emotion that overwhelmed my spirit. Time froze and I pondered these things in my heart.
That was last week. I haven't heard it since. But sometimes God brings so much hope to a soul that you can't help but embrace each day with new faith and new hope in God's compassionate mercies that are new every morning.
When was the last time that your heavenly Father heard "ABBA, ABBA, ABBA.....?" Oh, that I remember to call him and run to his open arms!

1 comment:

  1. Tears are flowing. Praise God for this bit of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete